The HeartMath offices are in a small town, and as a result, our options for a quick lunch are limited. So, the HeartMath Kitchen was created many years ago to provide our staff delicious healthy lunches, as well as to cater meals for our onsite certification programs.
Our on-staff chef Lena Goelitz, and her amazing team create balanced, nourishing meals with lots of added heart and care. They focus on the texture of the food and color combinations, with nutrition first in mind. Their goal is to offer a wholesome eating experience for our employees, one that fulfills their nutritional, emotional and social needs as we share a meal together. Enjoy this recipe from the HeartMath kitchen!
8 packed cups spinach, cleaned
10 medium strawberries, sliced
1-2 kiwis, peeled and cut in quarter moons
½ cup almonds, sliced and toasted
1/2 cup agave syrup or honey
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon onion pulp
1 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Take half of a peeled onion and rub down the side of a grater. This will make your onion pulp.
- Blend dressing ingredients (except oil). Turn blender on high and add oil slowly. Cover and chill.
- Place spinach in bowl and top with strawberries, kiwi, and almonds.
- Toss dressing on to taste. Starting with less and add more if you like.
- If you have edible flowers they can be a nice addition.
Total cooking time: 20 minutes