Many people hope and pray to find peace in their lives, especially during times of stress and uncertainty. Finding peace is an inside job – something we can learn to create. Research studies have shown that individuals, groups and organizations are capable of creating peace from within. This involves easy-to-use tools that require only a tiny fraction of the time that many of us spend on stressful responses to challenges in our daily lives; tools that can prevent much mental and emotional stress and energy drain.
Inner Peace Starts with Inner-Ease
Several years ago, I created a tool called the Inner-Ease™ Technique to help people move through their day in a state of ease. At HeartMath, we have found that practicing inner-ease creates balance, alignment and cooperation between the heart, mind and emotions. Practicing inner-ease also promotes more intuitive connection for effective reasoning, discernment and choices that can prevent much dis-ease.
When we create alignment between the heart, mind and emotions, we lift our vibration above much of the stress going on and choose attitudes that create more inner peace and “flow” in our daily routines.
Here are the four quick steps and some of the benefits people experience.
- When you are stressed, acknowledge your feelings.
- Take a short time-out to do Heart-Focused Breathing.
(Focus your attention in the area of the heart. Imagine your breath is flowing in and out of your heart or chest area, breathing a little slower and deeper than usual. Find an easy rhythm that’s comfortable.)
- Now imagine with each breath that you are drawing in a feeling of inner-ease.
- When the stressful feelings have calmed, affirm with a heartfelt commitment that you want to anchor and maintain the state of ease throughout your projects, challenges and daily interactions.
Benefits of Practicing Inner-Ease
1. Attunes your mental and emotional nature to the most reasonable and effective way for responding to situations in your life.
2. Creates more inner peace and flow in your day by helping to regulate the balance and cooperation between your heart, mind and emotions.
3. Accesses the heart’s intuitive guidance for intelligent solutions to problems.
4. Prevents and eliminates much personal stress and promotes faster recovery from stressful occurrences.
5. Helpful and effective to use as a “prep” before engaging in potentially stressful situations.
6. Creates much easier navigation through challenges and resistances at their onset.
Know that you can create more inner-ease/inner peace with this technique or other methods that work for you. It is our fervent wish at HeartMath that every individual, group and organization recognize that creating peace is not escaping action — it enables more intelligent action. Activating peace and ease within is our greatest hope for collective peace in this world.
We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.Dalai Lama