The following is the workaround that changes the Ultra High DPI display (3200 x 1800) to a regular display (1920 x 1080), Windows 8.1 or greater (PC Only).
1. Go to Settings / Control Panel / Display
2. Check “Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays”
3. Click “Smaller 100%”
4. Click “Apply” and Sign out of your User Account
(Warning! The Display is going to be really small until you reset the resolution!!)
5. Sign back in to your User Account
6. Go to Settings / Control Panel / Display
7. On left, click on “Adjust Resolution” and change to 1920 x 1080 and click “OK”
8. Open emWave Pro and see that it looks normal.
If you are still experiencing difficulties, please contact HeartMath Technical Support.
Important Notes from our Development Team:
Our application makes use of the Nokia/Digia Qt framework, direct Windows calls, and also Flash . Unlike a straight forward .net or MFC based application, it is highly intensive in the way it manages placement and scaling of fonts and graphic elements with dynamic plotting in multiple panes. Windows does not currently have a unified interface to a resolution independent GDI. For each element in each call, we will have to analyze a number of Windows settings and calculate how to adjust it. Each of these has to be tuned individually for an arbitrary combination of Windows settings. This makes it a very large project.
We do not have that issue with OS X (Apple). There have been promises for parity in this regard from Microsoft, but we have not seen the details and timeline for this.
Given the scope of the challenge and the fact that a number of the APIs involved are in flux, we regret saying that we do not expect a short term solution.