Tested on five continents, HeartMath programs combine research-based tools and technology that produce significant, sustained improvements in stress levels, cognitive state, emotional well-being, performance and health. Workshop formats range depending on your objectives and group. Typical program would involve a six hour program over two days to both increase awareness and learn to apply HeartMath tools and technology. Participants practice with the emWave2® to see their coherence levels in real time and coach new responses for better outcomes. An alumni program provides valuable ongoing resources and messages to sustain the learning.
Personal and Professional Benefits
- Increased resilience - ability to prepare for, and recoup from challenge
- Stress reduction, with associated physiological improvements (e.g., blood pressure, muscle tension)
- Reduced fatigue and burnout
- Increased brain clarity, focus, attention span, accuracy and learning ability
- Improved decision‐making, (reduction of decision fatigue)
- Improved communication skills
- Improved work/life balance
The Personal and Organizational Quality Assessment (POQA R4) is a normed and validated assessment tool designed by the Institute of HeartMath that measures physical stress symptoms, psychological health, resilience, emotional competencies, and organizational quality. Surveys are confidential and are sent directly to Institute of HeartMath for analysis. An aggregate analysis and group report is provided to the client.
Creating an Optimal Environment from the Inside Out
Most of us working in organizations today understand that the capacity to consistently perform at a high level is not based on technical skills, past successes, or experience. Sustained high performance is especially dependent on our ability to achieve personal balance and coherence in our own lives and to bring that sense of balanced effectiveness to customers, colleagues, partners, and the missions we serve. The relentless nature of work stress today, let alone the stresses in our personal lives, is perhaps the greatest barrier preventing us from attaining sustained high performance as well as personal health and well-being. The purpose of the Revitalizing Performance program is to enable participants to revitalize their power to perform at a consistently high level- without sacrificing personal balance, health or quality of life.
Each participant receives emWave® technology to observe and control real-time changes.
- Aspects of high energy performance: The mind-body connection behind excellence.
- Align your inner and outer environments: A new mental, emotional and physical model for high performance and self-care.
- Build Resilience: The key to sustained high performance.
- Energetics of communication: The key to efficient and productive communication.
- Tools and technology to minimize the negative impact of stress, maximize resilience and optimize performance.
- emWave® Technology: real time proof of the connection between emotions, mind and body.
- Identify key aspects of high performance.
- Explain the relationship between stress, emotions and performance.
- Describe the difference between traditional approaches to stress reduction and the Revitalizing Performance approach and its benefits.
- Define coherence and its impact on performance and health.
- Align the body and mind (inner environment) with the qualities of high performance (outer environment).
- Observe in real time the impact emotions have on the mind and body.
- Learn and practice a coherence building skill set.
- Identify specific workplace situations that require high performance and create an action plan to integrate coherence building tools into daily routines.
Prerequisite 1: Must have completed both parts of the Revitalizing Performance workshop
Prerequisite 2: Each participant must bring their own emWave2, charged up and ready for use during the workshop
Participants learn advanced coherence building skill set to build effective, resilient teams and improve organizational performance.
- The Emotional Virus: the relationship between emotions and organizational performance
- Boosting Organizational Climate: create and sustain a healthy, productive organizational culture
- Attitude Breathing® technique: transform negativity and establish a positive workplace environment
- Team Immunity: improve team resilience and reduce burnout
- Coherent Decisions: reduce decision-making fatigue and increase effectiveness under pressure
- Coherent Communication: improve self-expression and support a nurturing work environment
- The Heart Mapping® technique: support team innovation and creativity
- Review of HRV technology: increase and sustain individual and team coherence throughout the organization
This is a very interactive, dynamic workshop format. Participants will work in pairs and small groups to discuss topics, insights, action steps, etc.. Prior to the workshop, you will be asked to suggest "hot topics" to the HeartMath trainer, so that some of the new tools and exercises will center around some topics that are very current and meaningful to your staff. One of the outcomes will be that staff will experience the benefits of coherence in a team setting – heightened levels of clarity, creativity, and complete communications, even when the topic itself may be negative or especially challenging.